I need to make a Standing Desk to replace my current Desk. A "Standing Desk" is not a Magical Panacea, that solves our health issues. It's simply a tool to use on the journey. The goal is to be less sedentary, and more active during the day. To not sit, slouched in a chair, but shifting between sitting and standing on a regular basis. Basically, to MOVE MORE. That's what it comes down to. I need to be more mobile and less sedentary during the day. Slack muscles and blood vessels are not good for us. We were meant to MOVE during the day.
Motorized work surface
I found a motorized frame on Amazon for fairly cheap.
- TOPSKY Motorized Desk Frame - $249.99
Now I need to either make a top or buy a top. The legs have a listed lift limit of 225 lbs of weight (including the top). I'm fairly certain I won't be able to put all three computers and their 4 monitors on 1 desk, but it's worth a try.
I need some place to sit that will not allow me to simply slouch down and prop my feet up. I'm thinking an adjustable stool with a low back rest in addition to my office chair. When using one, I can slide the other out of the way.
- KKTONER Round Rolling Stool Chair PU Leather Height Adjustable Swivel Drafting Work SPA Shop Salon Stools with Wheels Office Chair Small (Black)
- Amazon Basics Multi-Purpose Adjustable Drafting Spa Bar Stool with Foot Rest and Wheels - Black
- Drafting Chair Tall Office Chair, High Office Mesh Chair, Ergonomic Computer Rolling Chair, Standing Desk Stool with Adjustable Armrests and Foot-Ring - $119.99
- Mid-Back Mesh Drafting Chair - Tall Office Chair with Armrest Standing Desk Chair Counter Height with Adjustable Foot Ring (Black) - $99.59